Friday, March 19, 2010

Avoiding Work During Break

Since our school is close to the same place as our home I was curious to see if the kids would actually take a break from school during spring break. Denver is already counting down the weeks to the end of the school year (10!) so I didn't think he would have a problem forgetting about school and I was right! He loves to play and keeps himself thoroughly occupied.

Aurora took the first 5 days off and didn't even unpack her book bag from our pre-vacation travels, but a couple of nights ago I found her doing her math in bed at 10:30 one night, and as vacation goes on she's doing more math--just because she loves math so much! And I was talking to her this morning when all of a sudden she broke in and said, "I have a question for you about my math." Obviously her mind was on math and not what I was talking about!

Part of me really wants my kids to just take a break from the school work, while another part of me says, "If they like doing their so-called 'schoolwork' so much, let them." I can tell both the kids are thinking about summer since they've been asking questions about summer plans this week and talking about things they'll be doing during their summer break. So there is hope that they're not total study geeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment