Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And More Grading!

Mostly the kids correct their own work and just ask me questions, but a few of their books do not have answer keys, so I am their answer key! I just started daily grammar exercises, and while it doesn't take more than a few minutes to correct them, I have to keep on top of them every day. Their vocabulary books don't have answer keys either, but luckily they use the same book so once one person does the assignment I can grade off of theirs. Both the kids use Jamestown as their reading books, and in order to grade those I have to read what they read to see if the multiple choice questions are right, and then read their writing assignments. Both the kids have difficult-to-read handwriting, so I am pushing typing to make grading easier on me! Planning history lessons is the funnest subject, and grading tends to be easier since things are project based. Science is more challenging. Pulling together all the materials for labs, making sure they understand the directions, and then following up afterwards and making sure they reflect on their learning ends up being the most challenging subject to facilitate.

Bottom line is that it is amazing how quickly the grading piles up, and when I am already spending hours a week grading for my college classes, it becomes something of a chore. It needs to be done though, so it is something I push through and do, squeezing it into the cracks of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment