Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Reminding me of "The Invisible Man"....


My daughter has this interesting habit of running from the house to the cabin in her bare feet. When it was summery and warm I didn't mind and hardly noticed, but once we started getting snow, it was quite bizarre seeing bare feet footprints in the snow. Normally footprints (as in, shoe or boots!) are not something I pay much attention to, but bare feet marks in the snow send a shudder through me--partly because they're my daughter's and partly because I cringe to think of those being MY feet! Anyways, this is just one of the small entertainment features of homeschooling: seeing my daughter's footprints in the snow and thinking of The Invisible Man whose invisibility was finally given away by his footprints.

Ironically, for those of you who know what kind of weather we've been having lately, yesterday I noticed that Aurora's shoes were all in the house and it was raining and snowing all day and she'd been in the cabin for hours so I decided to carry her muck boots out to the cabin, thinking that maybe she didn't want to walk barefoot over the ICE to the house (yeah, that kind of weather!). She was heading to the house just as I headed out of the house with her boots and, amazingly, she actually went back to the cabin and put on the muck boots! Snow doesn't bother her, but slush and ice seem to be the limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment