Friday, January 8, 2010

Time Alone is Precious!!

I've always enjoyed my hobbies and never have enough time for everything I want to do, and spending time by myself isn't a burden. I have to admit, though, that now that I am homeschooling I am very rarely home alone. Sometimes my husband and I will work it out for him to take the kids away--just for a few hours--please!! He would be willing to take them away for the weekend if I really needed or wanted it (or lets me go away for the weekend!), but most of the time, I don't begrudge my time commitment to my kids that has been presented by homeschooling. I like my kids, I respect them, and I enjoy their company. We co-exisit peacefully most of the time, so it is not a big deal to hang out with them all day every day, oftentimes with me doing my work and they doing theirs, with our paths intersecting regularly just as one would in the workplace.

I do find myself considering Time Alone to be a precious gift now, though. Precious enough, even, to capitalize it! I hold time with friends as more special too, since I don't run over to a friend's house as much now. So in a subtle way, homeschooling has changed my attitude about time, and time with my kids. Mainly, I'm more aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment